Moderating a forum gives you power and, along with that power, responsibility. Your aim as a moderator is to use your powers for the benefit of the community. This page describes the things that you have the power to do and the things you should keep in mind as you moderate.
Moderators have the power to
- Delete posts (Only 'Soft' delete)
- Delete threads (Only 'Soft' delete)
- Move threads to other forums
- Edit the description and rules for a forum
Moderators do not have not the power to delete users; this option is availible only to the dhakamobile
. If you feel that a user should be deleted or banned, please send an Private Message to the dhakamobile
and explain why.
As a board moderator, you are expected to:
All actions performed by moderators will be logged to prevent abuse of power. Moderators will loose their status if they are found to be abusing their power.
- Check the forum at least 2-3 times a week
- Work for an active and pleasant forum
- Help new users on the forum to join the community
- Move messages that have been posted on the forum that you moderate but should have been posted on a different one
- Delete messages that are off-topic, racist, ***ist, insulting or contain or link to illegal content. This includes anything that is a violation of copyright law. Note that a discussion about virus development, for example, is fine if it is on-topic on the forum in question since it is simply discussion of something that could be used in an illegal manner but equally could be used by someone building virus detection technology. It is fine to understand how a crime is committed, but it is wrong to plot illegal activity or carry it out on the forum.
- Respect the opinions of others when they differ from your own; you should never delete a post because you disagree with its contents
- Inform the dhakamobile if you find any problems or bugs in the forum
- Inform the dhakamobile as soon as possible if you do not want to moderate a forum any more